As a parent, your newborn baby is the most precious thing in the world. They are small, delicate, and fragile. A mother is always worried about everything. They are worried about hot drinks, sunburns, or even stray dogs. They are also worried about the chemicals that can be found in baby lotions and creams.
Why is coconut oil important?
It is a great natural, chemical-free alternative to your store bought baby products. Coconut oil is very popular worldwide for being a super oil with its antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Buying this natural product will save you money and it is also good for your baby’s skin. It is a natural, sweet smelling moisturizer that can be used in many ways.
5 benefits of coconut oil that you and your baby will enjoy
1. It can be used as a nappy rash cream. If you wish to treat your baby’s nappy rash naturally, then coconut oil is the perfect remedy. Apply this oil on the affected area. There is no chance to make the rash worse because the product is all natural and is considered as anti-fungal. It will act as a barrier that will prevent further irritation, nourish the skin, and treat the irritated area.
2. It can be used as a baby lotion. It is the perfect natural moisturizer. A quick dab of coconut oil to dry areas of the skin will help it moisturize while keeping the skin away from further skin irritation.
3. It can be used as a baby wash. Instead of using chemicals to clean your baby, you can make coconut oil as a natural baby wash. This homemade baby wash is a great product to use for your baby’s sensitive skin.
4. It can be used as a treatment to a cradle cap. All you have to do is to massage the oil into the scalp of your baby and leave it for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, rinse the coconut oil off your baby’s head and use a soft brush to comb your baby’s hair to remove loose flakes. It is a great product that will loosen the cradle cap flakes and nourish the scalp of your baby at the same time.
5. It can be used as a baby massage oil. A massage is very important, especially for your baby. Baby massage strengthens the bond between the parent and the baby, and it can also relax the baby in time for bed. To make your natural massage oil, mix the coconut oil and the olive oil, and add two drops of essential oil like lavender. Lavender is used to aiding in relaxation.
Are there any risks in using coconut oil for your baby?
It is an amazing natural product that is very beneficial for your baby. It is the most nourishing and safest oil that you can apply onto your baby’s skin. Coconut allergies are very rare to occur. It is nourishing and soothing that does not cause itching or irritation.